Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weather Change

Have you notice how hot Palau is when its sunny day? I makes me wonder about the global warming that's been changing the Earth's weather and temperature.

This can really effect our teaching, especially when our classroom is not aircondition. It gets really hot around 10:00 to 2:30 PM. At this time, I start to get complains from my students about the hot weather which effect the way they learn and cooperate in class.

I believe and have heard from our national leaders that education is the most important investment to your young leaders. But, this is all talk and no action. I believe that our classroom setup is the most influencial part of student learning. If the classroom setting is clean and cool for student's learning, then students would enjoy learning and not bothered with how hot the classroom is. I know our government can afford to sucrifice some of the so called off-island trip and use the money to help our education. Right know, our school condition is under staff and classrooms are hot and not pleasant environment for learning.

2 comments:

Minjuan said...

I am with you on this! Even I (a person who is often energetic) felt sleepy. It was so hot that I had to rest my laptop. From 2-4, I would need a nap. I was wondering how your schools are, now I know.

Unknown said...

I agree too. Another cause might be because we're chopping off too many trees. The only areas that you can really feel the heat are the areas where there are less or no trees at all.